1. Your house was always flooded with people: friends, cousins, friends that are probably your cousins, neighbors, friends of neighbors, strangers… you get the point.
2. Your mom force-fed all your friends.
3. But they didn’t mind because they LOVED her moroccan fish.
4. And they always wanted to come over to eat.
5. Fights with your siblings involved tons of yelling.
6. It’s only because you’re passionate people.
7. And you make up fast because they’re also your best friend.
8. And together you can talk about how crazy the rest of your family is.
9. While your friends brought peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to school, your lunch was always a three course meal that included leftover couscous.
10. You always felt a bit awkward when your Ashkenazi friends served you gefilte fish.
11. Like seriously, what’s the deal with that little slice of carrot?
12. When your family got together for an occasion it was always a total shit show.
13. And at the end of the meal, everyone’s knives were still left untouched.
14. And people got way too drunk!
15. You can’t even remember how old you were when you had your first drink.
16. Your friends always got so excited when your parents let them drink.
17. Because seriously – “would you rather they drank on the street?”
18. And even though your family is a bunch of psychos.
19. And there’s always family drama.
20. You love them more than anything in the world.