INGREDIENTS (Makes 6 roses)
1 sheet puff pastry
1 tbsp. flour for dusting counter
3 tbsp. apricot jam
1 large apple, with red skin
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. rosewater
powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Remove the core of the apple, then slice it very thinly (like a chip).
2. In a bowl, combine the apple, lemon juice and rosewater. Microwave for 3 mins. Now the apples are soft enough to bend when they are rolled. Drain the apples.
3. Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
4. On a floured surface, roll out the thawed puff pasty dough so it is thin, but without any holes. Cut into 6 strips (each about 9 inch by 2 inch).
5. Spread a thin layer of apricot jam in the center of each strip. Arrange the apple slices so the skin of the apple sits just over the edge of the dough.
6. Fold the dough up.
7. Egg wash.
8. Carefully roll each strip.
9. Bake for about 40 minutes.
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar!