2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 green chili pepper, chopped small (keep the seeds for more spice)
5 whole cloves of garlic
1 cup water
3 fish fillets, tilapia, grouper or your favorite fish
⅓ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 lemon, sliced
1/2 cup chopped parsley (or cilantro)
More parsley or cilantro for garnishing
1. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pot, add the chopped garlic and fry on medium heat until the garlic turns golden.
2. Add the tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir.
3. Add the red pepper and the spicy green chili pepper. If you want it to be spicy, add the seeds. Without the seeds, it will only be a little spicy. Stir and fry for 2 more minutes.
4. Add the whole garlic cloves and the water. Stir to scrape up the delicious flavor from the bottom of the pot.
5. Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
6. In a mixing bowl, add 1/3 cup olive oil, turmeric and paprika. Mix. Dip the fish fillets into the mixture and coat on all sides. Add the fish to the pot, then pour the rest of the mixture into the pot.
7. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon, then place the slices of the rest of the lemon on top of the fish. Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro.
8. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
9. Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro and serve hot with a scoop of the sauce.