Ingredients (makes 12)
4 tablespoons melted butter
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
Oreo whipped cream
8 oz. (236 ml.) heavy cream (at least 30% fat)
5 crumbled Oreos without filling
1. Crush Oreos with a rolling pin. Smash them!!! Save 5 Oreos for whipped cream and more for garnishing if you want.
2. Add to bowl with melted butter. Mix with a fork.
3. Scoop 1 spoonful into nonstick cupcake tray. Press down with a spoon to fill any air pockets.
4. Now for the cheesecake filling. Add the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla to a bowl. Mix well.
5. Scoop cheesecake into a cupcake tin on top of the Oreo crust. Spread evenly and press with a spoon.
6. Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour. If you want a frozen treat, leave it for an hour or longer. Once they feel frozen, remove from the cupcake tin and keep refrigerated until making the whipped cream and serving.
7. Now for the Oreo whipped cream. This will last up to 1 day in the fridge. Whisk the heavy cream for about 5 minutes until it has “stiff peaks”. That means it holds up and looks like whipped cream (because it is)!
8. Remove the filling from 5 Oreos. Then crush them. With a spatula, gently fold the crushed Oreo into the whipped cream. Put the whipped cream in a plastic bag and cut one corner. Then you can squeeze it onto your Oreo cheesecakes. Serve right away so the frosting stays fluffy. Garnish with an Oreo.