The moment we’ve all been waiting for
These are so good, you’ll be fala-full!
Here’s the video:
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4-6):
1 cup of dried chickpeas
½ large onion
4 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp of flour
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
Cheddar cheese, cubed
Frying oil (canola)
- Pour dried chickpeas into a large bowl, cover chickpeas with water, and let soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Transfer chickpeas to food processor with onion, garlic, flour, salt, pepper, cumin, and pulse into a coarse meal. When pulsing, stop to scrape down the sides with a spatula. Make sure to not over process the falafel mixture or it’ll become creamier and you’ll make hummus.
- Transfer falafel meal into a small bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Fill a skillet about 1 ½ to 3 inches oil and heal slowly over medium heat.
- While oil is getting hot, wet hands and form small falafel patties.
- Put a cheese cube into the falafel patty and roll into a perfect falafel.
- To test the oil, add some falafel meal to oil. If it turns brown-black, the oil is too hot. If the meal sinks, it isn’t hot enough. If it sizzles and turns golden brown the second it touches the oil, it’s perfect!
- Fry 5-6 at one time in oil for about 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden brown. About 5-6 minutes per falafel.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm to enjoy the fried, cheesy goodness in your unique cheese stuffed falafel.