Hanukkah is the only time of year you can overindulge in fried food without any guilt, because it’s all in the spirit of being a good Jew, of course.
1. Churros With Hot Chocolate Sauce
Churros are the only food that can compete with doughnuts. Recipe here.
2. Classic Crispy Chicken Schnitzel
How do Israelis eat so much schnitzel and stay so damn skinny!?!? Recipe here.
3. Cheese Stuffed Falafel
These are so good, you’ll be fala-full! Recipe here.
4. The Perfect Beer-Battered Fried Chicken
This chicken picture makes me drool. Recipe here.
5. Moroccan Cigars With Mint & Tahini Dip
Big thanks to all the Jewish Moroccans for this one! Let’s get rollin’! Recipe here.
6. Fried Mac & Cheese Balls
Because if you’re doing fried food, do it all the way! Recipe here.
7. Fried Gefilte Fish Patties with Onions
8. Roman Jewish Artichokes – “Carciofi Alla Giudea”
These deep-fried Roman Jewish artichokes are still eaten in the historical Jewish ghetto of Rome, which is now a trendy spot for tourists all over the world! Recipe here.
9. Fried Mozzarella Sticks
This deserves a #mozzarellamenorah. Recipe here.
Forget sufganiyot, this year it’s all about these moroccan doughnuts! Recipe here.